Privacy & Data Policy
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list].
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
v.2.0 April 2013 Edited & customised by: ### StrengthLab, Unit 2 Channons Hill Retail Park, Bristol, BS16 2EA###
What information we collect about you
We collect contact information about you when you get in touch with us so we can get back to you.
We also collect some necessary personal information if you decide to sign up for our services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
If you would like to get in touch with us, we will collect the following personal information:
- Your name
- The best way to contact you: your telephone number, email address or both
- So we can provide better information you can also tell us about:
- your fitness goals
- your sports background and your injury history
How do we use information about you (=Purpose of Processing)
We are going to use your name and contact details to contact you regarding your query.
We will use your information provided in point 3 (fitness goals, sports and injury history) in order to provide services as requested – to create a fitness program that is designed for your goals and needs.
May you sign up to our services we will collect further information about you such as:
- Contact information: email address
- Contact information: telephone number
- Contact information: home address
- Legally required information: Date of Birth
- Optional: social media contact information
- Medical information: Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) (legally required so we can train you)
- Medical information: injury and illness history (required to train you safely and effectively and minimize injury risk)
- Fitness goals: required so we can create the right program for you
- Optional: photos and videos – we may take photos and videos during your training session and to document your results but only if you are happy with it. If you did not opt in / consent to be on our photos and videos we make sure you are not on these at all. We will not publish these outside of the organisation unless you have given us permission to do so on an individual basis (which means you are allowed to see the photos we would like to publish about you and ensure you are happy with them being published).
The above information (unless stated optional) is necessary for us to be able to provide our services to you. It is either a legal requirement or us to obtain the above information, or we cannot provide our services to you without it.
We will not share your data outside of StrengthLab.
We do not use your data for automated decision making – we do not have automated decision making processes.
The “M” word (Marketing)
We’d love to keep in touch so if you agree, we will also keep you in the loop about what’s happening in StrengthLab (yes, I mean every now and again we will send out some marketing information so you don’t miss out on the fun).
We may only do this is you ask us to be kept in the loop. You may also choose your preferred contact methods (Email, Text message or Post).
If you are not currently “in the loop” (=not opted in to receive marketing information from us), you can always do so by clicking here.
If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
To do so: click here.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us to email@example.com.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Legal basis of processing
- Using your contact information to get back to you: legitimate interest
- Using your contact information for marketing purposes: consent (we’ll only do this if you consent to it)
- If you are an active client of StrengthLab: using your contact information to update you on information regarding operations and internal communications for members (e.g. opening hours, scheduling): legitimate interest
- Medical information: PAR-Q and injury history: contract (we are required by law to collect this information so we can legally train you)
- Fitness goals: legitimate interest
- Photos and videos: consent
Recipients of your personal data
Your personal data will be shared with StrengthLab’s trainers (currently David Szego, Natalia Pazar and Hannah Clay).
Sharing your data outside of the above (e.g. photos you are recognisable on for marketing purposes) will only happen with your explicit consent. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
When using electronic systems to store your data, we ensure that we only use providers and systems who are GDPR compliant and make sure your data is safe with them.
We retain your information as long as it is relevant and for a period of 7 years after in case it is needed for legal purposes.
This means we retain information you provided us when you signed up with us and throughout the time period of training with us for 7 years after you stopped training with us.
In case you decide not to sign up with us, we do not retain your medical information and fitness goals.
If you opt in for marketing communications we will only process your information until you opt out (which you have the right to do any time).
If you’d like to know more about your rights, please see here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
- The Right to be Informed: You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. (This page does just that)
- The Right to Access: You have the right to access personal data we hold about you.
- The Right to Rectification: you have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- The Right of Erasure: you have the right to have personal data erased. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing: you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. In this case we will store the personal data, but not use it.
- Right to Data Portability: you have the right to to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- Right to Object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. You have an absolute right to stop your data being used for direct marketing.
- Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling: as we do not have automated decision making or profiling systems this is not applicable.
You also have the the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority
In the UK the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) will be the Supervisory Authority and you can get in touch with them via their website: https://ico.org.uk/
You can request us to provide you the personal data we hold about you, to rectify or complete your personal data, to erase your personal data, to restrict processing, to port your data or to object verbally (just ask) or in writing. We have a month to respond to your request.
How to contact us
Name and Contact Details
David Szego, trading as: StrengthLab
Business premises address:
Unit 2b Midland Road Business Park
30 Midland Road
Data Protection Officer: Natalia Pazar
Unit 2b Midland Road Business Park
30 Midland Road